SDA kinship Kenya that is registered as Kinship Community Foundation was invited to attend the symposium.After the previous meeting that was held at central kenya conference we're requested to talk about homosexuality and give a personal experiences and see how to bridge the gap that exist between sexuallity and spirituality. The meeting consisted of departmental heads and other pastors, few retired pastors were also invited.The majority present were men but few ladies were present. The discussions were on :
- 1. LGBTI terminology
- 2. Risks that the LGBTI people go through mostly because of stigma and discrimination, LGBTI who are Adventist suffers worse.
- 3. Need to see away of Accepting our family members who are LGBTI.Our church leaders who are LGBTI.
- 4. Are LGBTI born that way or do people acquire it.
Question answer section
The pastors were very open in discussing the topic and wanting to understand things they have gone through with some of the gay people they come across in their local churches.it came from the discussion that;
1.There are many church members that know of who are LGBTI
-One pastor said he knows an underground SDA group that he works with
- Can LGBTI be prayed for to change
- They are glad we are able to openly discuss the topic its bothering many people but none wants to talk about it.
- HIV is real there is need to get to the core of things .
In conclusion we refered them to :
- 1.SDA kinship international
- 2.SDA kinship kenya (kinship community foundation).
- 3.Coordinator SDA kinship Kenya
We are extending requests for donations to assist us in organizing the many meetings requests that we are currently having.
April 2018 pastors symposium
Hosted by ministerial department